Preparing Your House For Bed Bug Treatment
Bed Bugs can be difficult to eliminate when they infest your home unless you do your part by cooperating with the pest control company. The following tips will help YOU and your pest management company get rid of Bed Bugs quickly:
-Don’t move any of your belongings to another home during or before the treatment unless you know they are not infested. You might spread Bed Bugs to another home or to your car or workplace
in a backpack or box and then re‐infest your home after it has been treated. Move as few items as possible and have them checked for Bed Bugs (or heat them) before removing them.
- Wash all sheets, blankets, pillowcases, and other bedding in hot water. Place the items in a dryer set on the highest setting that won’t damage the items. Dry the items thoroughly and then place them in trash bags. Keep them separate from items that may be infested.
-Wash all clothing in hot water and then dry on the highest setting allowed for the clothing. Clothing that can’t be laundered and dried (including coats and jackets) can be dry‐cleaned or need to be inspected carefully. Do not place clothing in infested rooms/areas until treatment has been completed and the Bed Bugs have been eliminated.
-Place curtains, pillows, towels, stuffed animals, etc. in the dryer set on the highest setting that won’t damage the items for at least 30 minutes. Double bag these items immediately after drying.
- Carefully inspect all Items that cannot be washed: books, electronics, picture frames, plastic toys, etc. If insecticides are going to be used, place children’s toys into plastic bags or storage bins
(only if they are Bed Bug free).
-Store cleaned and dried items in plastic bags until your home has been treated and the Bed Bugs eliminated.
-Vacuum and wash all floors. To prevent Bed Bugs from escaping, be sure to place the vacuum bag into a plastic bag before disposing of it.
-Vacuum the mattress and box spring to remove live/dead Bed Bugs. Double‐bag and discard the vacuum bags in an outdoor trashcan immediately to avoid re‐introducing or spreading any
Bed Bugs caught in the vacuum.
-Vacuum couches, chairs and recliners thoroughly before treatment. Bed Bugs are often found in couches and upholstered chairs. If possible, turn the furniture over or on its side/back and vacuum underneath as well. If there is a dust cover attached on the underside, pull it back and vacuum areas that will need to be treated. Double‐bag and discard the vacuum bags in an outdoor trashcan immediately to avoid re‐introducing or spreading any Bed Bugs caught in the vacuum.
- A cluttered home is difficult to inspect and more difficult to treat because Bed Bugs can find many hiding places. Throw away unneeded items. Pick up and double bag all loose items in bedrooms (e.g., in the bottom of a closet) and other rooms that will be treated. Make sure that these items are treated (if needed) or inspected before returning these items to make sure you are not also returning Bed Bugs to the treated room(s).
- Provide access to walls, closets, and areas around furniture to allow for a thorough inspection and treatment.
LIC. 8166 BC
Clean the home and uphold its cleanliness for the best possible long-term results. Repair any water leaks as soon as they are detected. This includes wiping down the baseboards, scrubbing hard-surface floors and woodwork with detergent, and thoroughly vacuuming. Check dry foods, such as cereals, for larvae. If any are found, discard the products immediately and make note to report to the exterminator. Discard all excess paper products and unused piles of refuse.
Preparation For German Cockroaches
German Cockroaches are quite difficult to control.
- Empty out all kitchen cabinets and remove food from all cabinets and if possible, relocate pantry food to a table away from potential treatment sites. Empty bathroom cabinets, and/or any drawers or closets in which the roaches have been seen. After re-entry, please make sure to clean all surfaces which will come in contact with food.
- Please be prepared and ready before technician arrives. Please make sure children, people with breathing issues, and pets do not re-enter before another person makes sure it is dry and free of odors.
- Please do not leave any food, trash, grease, or beverages out at night. it is important for clean sanitation practices in order to completely eliminate German Cockroaches infestations.
- Follow Up Service
Your next German Cockroaches Service will be scheduled 7 - 10 days after your initial Pest Control Treatment. After treatment we require all treated areas to remain exceptionally clean and uncluttered to ensure total knockdown.
Make arrangements for children, pets, live house plants and anyone who is pregnant or has allergies or respiratory problems to be away from the home for an extended period of time during and following extermination treatment. Cover fish aquariums and unplug filters.
Mow the lawn at least one day prior the scheduled appointment. If the lawn is regularly watered, water one to two days before the scheduled appointment but not on the same day. Sweep sidewalks but do not hose them down. Open the garage door so the garage is accessible. Keep garbage in a closed receptacle and remove it from the home nightly.
Remove food from all cabinets to a table away from potential treatment sites. Cover and store any open food. If possible, relocate pantry food from cabinets to a table away from potential treatment areas. Remove small appliances from countertop and clean off stove and top of refrigerator to reduce hiding spaces.
Pick up loose articles of clothing, toys, pet dishes, magazines, books or any other items that are on the floor or surfaces and put them away.
Customer Preparation Is Very Important For Best Results!
Unfortunately, neatness alone does not pest-proof a home or make it immune to infestations. Regular scheduled visits from the exterminator should be part of your home maintenance routine.
Winter Bros Pests Inc. makes every effort to eliminate undesirable pests, and we request certain tasks of homeowners before the first scheduled appointments to maximize their effectiveness.
Take note of any locations on the property where pests, or evidence or pests, have been seen prior to the scheduled appointment. Ask the extermination company for additional instructions. Depending on the specific pests that you're addressing, specific unique precautions may be required. Compose a list of any questions or concerns you would like to address with the extermination company during the appointment.
(623) 869 - PEST (7378)
Proper preparation is an essential step for ensuring the most effective results from your upcoming Pest Control Service. We understand that some appropriate preparation can be difficult to achieve in a short period of time.
PLEASE NOTE: Winter Bros Pests Inc. will not provide the Pest Control Treatment or ensure any warranty at your treated property that has not met the proper preparation.
Winter Bros Pests Inc.